Walking By Vision Not By Sight
About YKTPC | About Ricky Wong | Motivation Training | Corporate Training | Contact Ricky Wong | Inspirational Movies | Inspirational Quotes |
The Solutions to Lifes 10 Biggest Problems!
Every day clients tell me about their problems, often in great detail, and I've noticed patterns that show up over and over. For many people, life's problems are viewed as "not enough money" or "not enough time". For couples, the problems are often around "communication" or "parenting" or sex. They think if they only had more money or more time or better sex or a better job, things would be wonderful.
But it doesn't work that way, because these things are not the BIG PROBLEM. From my experience, I suggest life's really big problems are:
1. Tunnel Vision. The tendency to focus only on the immediate crisis or sore spot. Under stress, things look worse or more complex than they really are. The solution: Perspective. Ask if it will matter in 6 months. Ask what else is going on? How did I create this situation and, in an ideal world, what would I like to do about it?
2. Fear. The anxiety or terror that things will go badly, that we will fail or be embarrassed. The solution: Humor and Curiosity. Modern life has very few saber-tooth tigers. The situation is rarely life or death. Ask, What's the worst that can happen? What's the best? What can I learn? What would I do if I had no fear?
3. Confusion. The sense of being lost or unclear about our direction. The sense that we don't know our own priorities anymore. The solution: Responsible Choices. Choose your values and priorities and set your own path. Your life is yours. Check your moral compass, pick a direction and do something extraordinary!
4. Guilt. The belief that we have hurt or failed or sinned and deserve punishment. Guilt is either accurate, because sometimes we do behave badly, or it is false and simply an illusion. The solution: If we have transgressed, we must make restitution, ask forgiveness, learn from our error and move on. If it is false guilt, set it down as an unnecessary and irrational burden.
5. Shame. The belief that we are worth-less than others, that we have a terrible, incurable flaw. It is not that we have done something wrong (guilt), but that we are bad or wrong. The solution: Clear, rational thinking. Everyone has behaved badly, but no one was created badly! Any flaws only serve to make you stronger, more heroic or more compassionate toward others.
6. Loneliness. The belief that no one loves us, that no one cares and we must desperately cling to anyone who finds us attractive or acceptable. This creates dependency, not intimacy. The solution: Accurate Self-Assessment. Not everyone will love you, but many people will if they meet you, get to know you, and spend time working/playing along side you.
7. Resentment. Holding anger and refusing to move beyond real or imagined mistreatment in the past. Some people spend their whole lives as "victims", nurturing a terrible event in their past. The solution: Let go! Life is not fair and people do not always behave well or kindly. Use your trauma to make you wise, kind, gentle, and strong. Holding anger will not work.
8. Self-Doubt. The repeated, endless questioning of your own abilities, opinions or actions. The inability to take a stand, to act boldly, or to follow-through. The solution: Action! Think clearly, then take action and follow-through. Start small, but do it! You are the world's expert on your life! Use your wisdom to live well.
9. Stubbornness. The refusal or inability to re-assess a situation, change your mind, or admit you were wrong. The solution: Wisdom and Humility. Only a fool stays on a course that is headed for disaster! Search for new and better information, remain flexible, open and creative. When the situation changes, adjust accordingly and set a new course.
10. Addiction. Humans become addicted to drugs, but we also become addicted to our jobs, our opinions or our lifestyle. We can be addicted to people and need them rather than love them. The solution: Take a vacation! Periodically, walk in someone else's shoes. Break your habits, re-arrange your schedule, delegate those things that only you can do "right". Use habits and traditions to set you free, don't let habits enslave you!
© Copyright 2003 by Philip E. Humbert. All Rights Reserved. This article may be copied and used in your own newsletter or on your website as long as you include the following information: "Written by Dr. Philip E. Humbert, writer, speaker and success coach. Dr. Humbert has over 300 free articles, tools and resources for your success, including a great newsletter! It's all on his website at: http://www.philiphumbert.com
Don't Wait for Motivation The Oarsman
Assessing provider (and patient) motivation BioPharma Dive
DCAC's Emerging Artists talk inspiration and motivation The Outer Banks Voice
30 Most Inspiring Quotes To Keep You Motivated and Beat Burnout, Motivating and Inspirational Quotes - Parade
30 Most Inspiring Quotes To Keep You Motivated and Beat Burnout, Motivating and Inspirational Quotes Parade
Commentary: Duggan tries to make his case on Make Your Date motivation Crain's Detroit Business
Mission Woods mayoral candidates on the issues: Qualifications and motivation for running for mayor - Shawnee Mission Post
Mission Woods mayoral candidates on the issues: Qualifications and motivation for running for mayor Shawnee Mission Post
Water One board candidates on the issues: Qualifications and motivation for running - Shawnee Mission Post
Water One board candidates on the issues: Qualifications and motivation for running Shawnee Mission Post
Motivation: how to motivate yourself? Thrive Global
Motivation from coach leads Rice to EMCC, will be inducted into school's Sports Hall of Fame - Starkville Daily News
Motivation from coach leads Rice to EMCC, will be inducted into school's Sports Hall of Fame Starkville Daily News
Mbappe's Motivation For Champions League Hat-Trick beIN SPORTS USA
Inside Schizophrenia: Motivation in Schizophrenia PsychCentral.com
After a slow start, Delone Catholic finds motivation in doing what past teams couldn't - York Dispatch
After a slow start, Delone Catholic finds motivation in doing what past teams couldn't York Dispatch
Monday Motivation: Change Your Perspective Grit Daily
Here's the Secret to Motivation (for Fruit Flies, at Least) Technology Networks
Maryland Men's Basketball Uses LSU Loss As Motivation Heading Into 2019-20 Season - Citybizlist Real Estate
Maryland Men's Basketball Uses LSU Loss As Motivation Heading Into 2019-20 Season Citybizlist Real Estate
Ask Doug & Polly: Businesses need to focus on motivating employees to get superior performance from average people - Richmond.com
Ask Doug & Polly: Businesses need to focus on motivating employees to get superior performance from average people Richmond.com
Use Artificial Intelligence to Set Sales Targets That Motivate - Harvard Business School Working Knowledge
Use Artificial Intelligence to Set Sales Targets That Motivate Harvard Business School Working Knowledge
Bozeman cross-country enters state motivated by second-place finishes The Bozeman Daily Chronicle
Voice from the past helps motivate Bangor football team to longest win streak in 5 years - Bangor Daily News
Voice from the past helps motivate Bangor football team to longest win streak in 5 years Bangor Daily News
AAC coaches just gave Penny Hardaway, Memphis basketball exactly the motivation they needed - Commercial Appeal
AAC coaches just gave Penny Hardaway, Memphis basketball exactly the motivation they needed Commercial Appeal
Thompson: Braves should be motivated by Nationals' World Series berth Valdosta Daily Times
SLate: Xavier Sneed Enters 2019-20 with Plenty of Motivation. Bring On The Cats
Colts Notebook: Nelson provides game day motivation | Sports Kokomo Tribune
Michigan native motivated by foe | Notre Dame | Journal Gazette Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
Motivational graduate: Former Putegnat student fundraises for school Brownsville Herald
Aâ€™s see bright future, have much motivation after wild-card loss San Francisco Chronicle
Memphis rapper NLE Choppa launches challenge to motivate students The Daily Memphian
Motivated Mountaineers face Jaguars in road game | ASU Sports Watauga Democrat
Rebuilding Komoka Kings motivated to prove themselves against first-place London Nationals - London Free Press (Blogs)
Rebuilding Komoka Kings motivated to prove themselves against first-place London Nationals London Free Press (Blogs)
Glenn's Weekly Motivational-You Need More Risky Behavior Talk Radio 1210 WPHT
Kovalev motivated by Beterbievâ€™s victory Boxing News 24
Heâ€™s still got it: Houston Nutt recalls motivational speech he gave during his Arkansas tenure - Saturday Down South
Heâ€™s still got it: Houston Nutt recalls motivational speech he gave during his Arkansas tenure Saturday Down South
Politically motivated trial against former Belarusian prisoner of conscience starts behind closed doors - Amnesty International
Politically motivated trial against former Belarusian prisoner of conscience starts behind closed doors Amnesty International
Bills Today: Olympic gold medalist Jordan Burroughs delivers a motivational message to the team - BuffaloBills.com
Bills Today: Olympic gold medalist Jordan Burroughs delivers a motivational message to the team BuffaloBills.com
International Keynote Speaker Simerjeet Singh Wins the Global Excellence Award 2019 in Motivational Speaking - Coeur d'Alene Press
International Keynote Speaker Simerjeet Singh Wins the Global Excellence Award 2019 in Motivational Speaking Coeur d'Alene Press
Motivated undergrads get a head start on master's program UH System Current News
3 must-know truths about motivation | NCET Reno Gazette Journal
Tech platforms are where public life is increasingly constructed, and their motivations are far from neutral - Nieman Journalism Lab at Harvard
Tech platforms are where public life is increasingly constructed, and their motivations are far from neutral Nieman Journalism Lab at Harvard
Former Oakland councilman says his arrest at city offices was racially motivated - San Francisco Chronicle
Former Oakland councilman says his arrest at city offices was racially motivated San Francisco Chronicle
Genital waxing complaint racially-motivated and 'divorced from reality,' tribunal rules - Vancouver Courier
Genital waxing complaint racially-motivated and 'divorced from reality,' tribunal rules Vancouver Courier
Parenting Through the Middle-School Motivation Loss Psychology Today
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson reveals weight, workout motivation: 'Lean, mean, sexiest-man-alive machine' - Fox News
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson reveals weight, workout motivation: 'Lean, mean, sexiest-man-alive machine' Fox News
Emery bracing Arsenal for clash with 'motivated' Sheff Utd Football365.com
NFL Trade Deadline: 49ers pursuing numerous options for receivers, are highly motivated to make a deal - CBS Sports
NFL Trade Deadline: 49ers pursuing numerous options for receivers, are highly motivated to make a deal CBS Sports
Jim Fouts accused of saying in audio clip he'd enjoy shooting ex-chief of staff - Detroit Free Press
Chagrin Falls football: Tigers motivated for run at playoffs News-Herald.com
Ezekiel Elliott says Cowboys weren't motivated by Doug Pederson's comments in blowout win - CBS Sports
Ezekiel Elliott says Cowboys weren't motivated by Doug Pederson's comments in blowout win CBS Sports
Memphis rapper NLE Choppa launches education challenge to motivate students The Daily Memphian
The Best Workout Songs for Your Gym Playlist Shape Magazine
John Harbaugh on the Fan's Sign That Motivated Ravens BaltimoreRavens.com
Motivational speaker comes to Benedict College to encourage young women through her new superhero - WIS10
Motivational speaker comes to Benedict College to encourage young women through her new superhero WIS10
SLM Media seeks a motivated, versatile account executive St. Louis Magazine
The Top 10 Creative Strategies for Moving into Action and For Getting Bottom Line Results
Your ability to move into action and to achieve bottom line results rests in the power of your thinking. These ten strategies will support you in transforming your desires into concrete action.
Achieving Your Dreams
Have you achieved your dreams? Dreams are an important part of our lives and should not be ignored. Our dreams inspire us to achieve unbelievable deeds, create stunning works of art, bring to life the impossible and give us hope and strength to look toward tomorrow with optimism and determination.
A Turning Point
19 years ago, I was a young working mother at 28, independent and working for a prestigious company, until circumstances made me choose between family and career. After going through weighing my options, I chose to become a full-time Homemaker because I believed that family should come first if the situation would permit.
What Makes a Champion?
Imagine for a moment that you are a champion. You are the best in your town .
Commit To Applying Lessons Learned
When growing up as a child, the concept of learning alesson becomes so routine, that many of us just set it asideas unimportant like many other principles that otherwiseshould be heeded.It is so true that all of us are mortal.
Motivation By Spring Cleaning
Spring cleaning is a great motivator. Why confine it to Spring?It is arguable that we should not only give gifts at Christmas and make resolutions at the New Year.
Are Your Dreams A Day Late And A Dollar Short?
One of the greatest challenges facing our ever intensive quest for the impossible dream is to make it across the finish line even if it's only by the skin of our teeth. Many outstanding accomplishments have been started just to see our vision die one foot short of the goal line.
Finding Your Authentic Path
"Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light." ~ Theodore RoethkeThe last of the lazy, hazy days of summer are upon us.
7 Hot Tips for Self Improvement Part 1
Have you ever imagined that life could be a lot better and more fulfilling than yours is right now? Are you eager to learn a self improvement technique that will make it so?If you are read on.I am going to lay down 7 simple steps for your self improvement plan.
Work, Action, Movement -You Cannot Get Anywhere Without It
"You can't get anywhere in anything without work, action, movement..
Why To Dump Will Power And Get Motivated The Easy Way
For over 20 years I have been fascinated by the possibilities that exist for creating rapid and lasting personal change. And I learned some great tools for personal change.
Stop Holding Yourself Back
Try this exercise. Take a sheet of paper and list down all the emotions you can think of? Take a couple of minutes and if possible, keep writing for as long as you can? Come on, do it.
Can Pain Be A Motivator?
Carol was a new client. She had been looking for a job for several weeks and wasn't having much success.
Personal Motivation: Without Struggle There Is No Progress
As each day ends and another begins, the words of Frederick Douglas ask us as individuals to recognize the relationships between life's daily struggles."The whole history of the progress of human liberty shows that all concessions, yet made to her august claims have been born of earnest struggle.
Self-Improvement-Inspiration: How to Exit Your Own Rat Race
We can all get in a rut from time to time. Who hasn't had a moment in their lives where you've asked yourself the question: "Why am I doing this?"Whether it's who you've become, the business you are in, your career, relationships, where you live or all of the above - sometimes you realise you're just not where you want to be - and you're not sure how you got there! It sure feels like your own version of a rat race though.
Getting Started is the Toughest Part of the Job
One of the most challenging things about starting on a new project, goal or task usually isn't the planning, the thinking about it and the mapping it out. It is the doing! Actually taking the first step is often the most difficult part of any new endeavor.
Information Age: Knowledge is King
In our information age, having the right knowledge at the right time can make the difference between failure and success. Knowledge, gained through experience makes one an expert in any field.
Stop Procrastination--Just Do It!
In this article I'll talk about the reason that stops most of Internet entrepreneurs from succeeding online.Have you ever wondered why only about 5% of us are actually making money online? Have you ever think about the main reason that stops the other 95% of them?If you are like me, I'm sure that it happens to you to read ebook after ebook, report after report and newsletter after newsletter searching for the missing key that will open the gates to your richness.
The Dawn On The Nile Valley Has Secrets To Tell! (3)
Me and Mao Tse-Tung!My first political experience was with Mao Tse-Tung 1968-69.That was exactly before the second Sudanese military dictator Ga'far Numeri took over power through his coup d'etat in May 25, 1969.
Motivation: 3 Suggestions for Living a Life of Purpose, On Purpose
"There's so many roads that seem, To lead down to the sea.I wonder which road, will be the right one for me?"- SeawindI heard these lyrics on an old jazz tape the other day.
|home | site map|
|Copyright © 2006- YKTPC.COM All Rights Reserved|