|YK TRUE PERFORMANCE CONSULTING
Walking By Vision Not By Sight
About YKTPC | About Ricky Wong | Motivation Training | Corporate Training | Contact Ricky Wong | Inspirational Movies | Inspirational Quotes | Ebook Sale |
12 Reflections on Personal Responsibility
Responsibility means being accountable for what we think, say, and do. Personal responsibility involves working on our own character and skill development rather than blaming others for situations and circumstances. It means choosing to design a life that honors our values and purpose.
Here are twelve reflections on personal responsibility:1. Personal responsibility begins from the inside and moves outward. We must begin by taking responsibility for our thoughts, choices, and reactions. Then we can be responsible for the circumstances we create in our world.
2. We have the divine gift of free will. We make conscious choices as spiritual living in a physical world. Conscious choice is a gift that carries great responsibility.
3. Every choice can benefit humanity or harm it. Even avoiding choices is a choice, and each choice will have consequences.
4. When you think something or someone else is responsible for your problems and their solutions, that exact thought is the first problem to solve.
5. People waste precious years while believing that there will be more time tomorrow than there is today. Today is the perfect day to accept and develop our gifts and talents.
6. A great philosophy of responsibility: When things are working, I am responsible... and when they need fixing, I am responsible.
7. Only our choices and actions today will bring the rainbow's end with any gold it might contain.
8. The richest blessings follow those who follow the rules and honor the universal laws for abundant living: laws for wellness, success, relationships, prosperity, spirituality, and service to others.
9. When you follow the rules, life works. If you think you ever really get by with breaking the rules, you are only fooling yourself.
10. True personal independence is the freedom from reaction-the ability to choose actions and make choices that will influence positively the future of our lives and our world.
11. The Creator knows what it is we need to be doing and will provide us with plenty of chances to show up. However, we will not get an unlimited number of chances, and we cannot ever assume that we will have tomorrow.
12. Living serenely does not mean that we deny problems or avoid the responsibility for solving them. Just the opposite-we find the clarity and presence of mind to deal with the issues of daily living in positive constructive ways. You cannot control all the circumstances in life; however, you can learn from them. You can choose to allow every circumstance to make you stronger, wiser, more knowledgeable, more skillful, and more loving.
You can control your ability to design your life and your philosophies. A philosophy of personal responsibility allows you to live from an inner core of integrity. It will bring a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment.
© Copyright 2005 by Steve Brunkhorst. Steve is a professional life success coach, motivational author, and the editor of Achieve! 60-Second Nuggets of Inspiration, a popular mini-zine bringing great stories, motivational nuggets, and inspiring thoughts to help you achieve more in your career and personal life. Get the next issue by visiting http://www.AchieveEzine.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Iowa football: Late-season motivation paramount as Hawkeyes look to avoid a darker turn - Hawk Central
Tony Robbins - 10 Lessons I Learned From Anthony Robbins
Tony Robbins has been an inspiration for millions. Love him and his philosophy or not, it is undeniable that he has had a positive impact on millions of people.
Succeed Like the Super-Successful
Two undeniable traits of the super-successful are: their belief in self, and an uncompromising expectation that they will succeed ..
Back to Boot Camp
You know, whenever you are going to make a major change and begin to undergo a different lifestyle, it is probably good to make a massive move in that direction. Think about it.
5 Motivation Killers and How To Avoid Them
Motivation is an oft-discussed subject, particularly with regards to whether or not it is something that can be "taught." Some people believe that motivation is something that can be "caught" like a virus, whilst others (myself included) believe that motivation is something that has to have start from within, and for personal reasons.
Are You Addicted to Selling?
The definition of Motivation in Webster's Dictionary: Motive - the sense of need, desire and fear. Based upon this definition, some sources of motivation can be dysfunctional and that is why it can be so addictive.
Going with the Flow
This whole idea of change is founded on a single principle: CHANGE IS ALL IN YOUR MIND.First comes a desire or need to change.
Hey Me, Get Out Of My Way
Hey Me! Get Out Of My WayBy David Stoddard How often it is we give up wanting to do something even before we give ourselves an honest chance of succeeding. Perhaps, we begin writing our autobiography.
What Would You Do If You Knew You Could Not Fail?
The next time you find yourself relaxing on the couch, having popped some corn and about to watch the "Sopranos", instead, pose this $1,000,000 lottery question to yourself and see what flows. What would you do if you knew you could not fail? Would you work, not work? If you knew anything you touched or did held the possibility for success - whatever that is, what would you do? If there were no time constraints, no obstacles, no self-doubt, what would you do?Some of you are already saying, "What's the point of this!?" "This will never be real!" "Who's got a million dollars??Not me!" Well, the whole point is to have you dream.
Tips To Get Motivated and Overcome Procrastination
Procrastination is a complicated behavior that affects all people to some degree. Some experience only small problems with procrastination while with others, it is a major source of anxiety and stress.
Spring! Time for Love and New Beginnings
Prepare, prepare, prepare! The horizon screams of spring and the budding trees, tulips poking their head above the soil and thoughts of romance and love fill our hearts and minds. Are you ready for what awaits you? Well, if not, we need to get started right away!First things first, get your house in order, no I am not talking about the dwelling in which you reside, I am referring to the temple (your body, mind and soul) of all existence! Time to throw out all preconceived notions of what the other sex is looking for and re-create the person you are, the person you want to be!Put that smile to work, make eye contact, approach a stranger (be careful), strike up a conversation, and take the initiative for the new beginning you want to have this year! There is no happiness greater than that which is within you, and love evolves from loving oneself.
Being Determined - What Good Will That Do?
'Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.' -- Josh BillingsOn Sunday, June 19th 2005, I was fortunate enough to see hundreds of cyclists, young and less young, tackle the 13th Scottish Bikeathon in aid of Leukaemia Research.
Rules To Live Life By
How often have we heard ourselves complaining about how unlucky we are in life or how things are just not working out right for us. However, what we so easily forget is that at some time before in lives, luck has favoured us.
Change - The Skill Of Adapting To The Inevitable
Change your thoughts and you change your world.-Norman Vincent PealeNot surprising, one of the core reasons that hinder us from the realization our innermost goals and desires is our inability to be flexible.
Danger In The Comfort Zone
I don't know who said it or where I heard it, but I'm sure it was brought to my attention by a sales trainer somewhere, at some time during my journey through the maze of countless sales trainings and seminars that I have attended over the years, but it does make perfect sense.There is danger in the comfort zone!Ahh yes! The comfort zone, we all know it very well, we have all spent a lot of time there.
The Art of Wastebasketry
Are your filing cabinets stuffed so full that it's difficult to retrieve and file papers? If you're like 80% of the people in the audiences to whom I speak, your answer is "Yes." "Are there things in your filing cabinet you could probably throw out?" Most once again answer "Yes.
Resolution Revolution: 3 Tips For Creating Real Change in the New Year
'Tis the season once again for parties, champagne, noisemakers..
Are You an Optimist or a Pessimist?
I have been giving some thought lately to optimism and pessimism. Basically, these are attitudes.
Mastering Emotions: Taking Your Life To The Next Level
Hello,How is your day coming along? Better, I am sure, than that particular day the crew of the Apollo 13 had as they were on their way home to planet earth.The return flight of Apollo 13 will forever be one of the most momentous flights ever recorded in history.
By Planning and Exerting Effort, You Can Change Things For The Better
Most of us plan to find the love of our life, our soul mate. It is a natural human instinct to find a partner.
What Once Was - Ain't No More
Rather than beat around the bush and try to lead into this in a semi-logical manner, I'll get right to the point. The past is gone - vanished, disappeared in a cloud of dust and a hearty "Hi, Ho Silver!" It is history, not real, mental vapor, and gone, gone, gone!"Yabutt?""Yabutt" nothing.
|home | site map|
|Copyright © 2006- YK TRUE PERFORMANCE CONSULTING (SA0033139-U) All Rights Reserved|